CUB Smart Switch Program
Participate in CUB's Smart Switch Program and receive up to $75
credit on your utility bill!
Did you know that electricity rates are now higher in the summer and
winter months than they are during spring and fall? Demand for
electricity is higher during these "peak" months than it is during milder
weather, or "off peak" months. To help reduce your utility bill YEAR
ROUND, sign up for CUB's Smart Switch Program today.
Smart Switch Form and a CUB
representative will contact you.
- Installation of Smart Switch required on water heater and/or pool
- Program limited to electric hot water heaters > 40
- Program extends to electric-powered pool pump motors for in-ground
- $50 cash rebate for water heater
- Additional $25 cash rebate for pool pump
- Customer must own the residence. No commercial installations.
- Customer must agree to remain in the program for at least three (3)
- After signing up, one of CUB's qualified electrical contractors will
contact you to coordinate an installation time.
- Program enrollment limited to first 1,000
- CUB's control over electric water heaters and pool pumps will be
limited to a consecutive duration of 2 hours per event.
Other Smart Ways to Reduce Your Utility Bill:
Delaying appliance use during peak times of the day (i.e., winter =
morning 6-9 am; summer = later afternoon/evening 4-8 pm) is another good
way to help keep rates low. For instance, during the hot summer
months, delay doing a load of laundry or running the dishwasher until
after 9 pm.....prepare your meals in advance to avoid cooking during
peak times.....set your thermostat to 78 degrees or higher during summer
months and 68 degrees or lower during winter months.